Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the Production Supervisor ensures the production of company products at the highest quality at the lowest possible cost, meeting company performance standards and customer specifications and delivery requirements, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
We are seeking an individual with Plastics, Process Engineering and Compounding expertise to lead our manufacturing floor who has a passion for helping others reach their full potential. This is a technical role, so it is important to have experience in injection molding, blow molding, thermoforming, over-molding, and extrusion. 10 years of experience or more is recommended.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Provide hands-on leadership and technical direction to the Compounding department staff.
- Build a high performing team by establishing a matrix to measure individual performance and key metrics.
- Achieve department strategic, tactical, and compounding goals.
- Act as a technical resource to address and resolve inquiries and problems; analyze and resolve work problems and assist workers in solving work problems.
- Plan production schedules, review component parts, and sub-assembly availability against build schedule.
- Review material shortages with purchasing and adjust schedules as necessary.
- Ensure the training of new and present employees in the processes and methods required to achieve the company’s standards for quality, quantity, safety, and ISO9001.
- Schedule Production personnel based on demand including determining headcount, overtime, and rework assignments.
- Ensure the Production Operators produces high quality batches in accordance to formula procedures.
- Manage operations to support daily, monthly and year company metrics.
- Responsible for ensuring the team is following standard operating procedures for Raw Materials Weighing, Processing, and Equipment.
- Provide real time information when raw materials and/or component quality issues arise to determine action plan.
- Participate in planning meetings, ensure adherence to ISO 9001 procedures and requirements.
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance procedures and plan the repair of machines and equipment to minimize downtime.
- Continually evaluate processes and methods, recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment, performance, utilization of people, and quality of product.
- Maintain departmental supplies, tools, equipment, and order as necessary.
- Ensure the completion of all required production paperwork, records, documentation, such as timecards, quality records, etc.
- Ensure compliance with departmental housekeeping standards and all safety and work rules and regulations.
- 5 plus years leading Plastics Compounding.
- The ability to lead and motivate people, encourage teamwork, and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization to set a clear vision of what determines a successful project roadmap.
- Excellent technical, financial, and business background with the ability to understand the technologies and technical issues.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and identify critical production obstacles, and to make accurate decisions based on data.
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to effectively oversee the activities of the team and with the ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- Comfortable with the ability to resolve conflicts, seek coaching and receive feedback.
- Champion the people and the project up, down, and across the organization and with customers
- Proven experience as Production Supervisor or similar role
- Experience in using various types of manufacturing machinery and tools
- Experience in Plastics manufacturing a plus
- Advanced skills in MS Office
- Organizational and leadership abilities
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
- Problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred in a technical, engineering or relevant field.
Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- This role includes the following essential duties and responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Repairs electrical equipment.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Continuous Learning – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback to improve performance; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
- Use of Technology – Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas.
- Judgement – Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions ; uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
One year certificate from college or technical school plus a minimum of 2 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet Explorer, GoogleChrome and/or Firefox Internet software and Excel Spreadsheet software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certification or License in at least one primary maintenance skill (i.e., electrical, plumbing, welding, etc.) is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
We typically seek candidates who are flexible, dedicated, focused on customer service, growth oriented, have a “can do” attitude, and believe in doing the right thing. Resumes, along with a cover letter indicating what type of role you are seeking and your salary history, may be submitted to our Human Resources Department by using the form below.