We are currently seeking an experienced Electrician – Industrial Maintenance Mechanic to join our team.
- Run conduit and wiring throughout the plant as needed.
- Wire machines as needed.
- Build control panels as needed.
- Modify PLC programming for machines.
- Maintain machines at optimum performance capacity to meet production and quality requirements by performing preventative and predictive maintenance inspections on equipment
- Keep company property and fixtures in well maintained and working condition
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on equipment following operations manuals and manufacturer’s instructions
- Installation of equipment and system modifications, including disassembling and reassembling machines
- Control downtime by scheduling preventative maintenance
- Troubleshoot and install AC and DC equipment and controllers, solenoids, relays, motors, motor control centers, etc.
- Maintain equipment parts and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed parts, equipment, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt
- Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Contribute to team effort and meet overall company objectives
- Have the ability to formulate plans and solve problems
- Identify problem areas on production lines and develop potential improvements to maintain and improve production
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required. Some college or other electrical education required.
- 3+ years experience completing electrical work at all levels is required. Plastics industry experience, including mixing and extruding equipment, or similar environment are preferred.
- 1 year experience driving a fork lift (sit down) preferred.
- Above average math skills, including fractions, decimals, weights, measures, metrics and metric conversion required.
- The ability to perform industrial maintenance, welding, electrical wiring, and machine maintenance. Knowledge of tools, calipers, gauges, test equipment and other tools as required. Understanding of electronic components required.
- Have good written and oral communication skills
- Use blueprints and schematics for circuit repairs
- Use electrical test equipment properly
- Perform pipe fitting and welding
- Work from rough sketches and drawings
- Have knowledge of plant environmental health and safety regulations and comply accordingly
- Willing to work a flexible schedule and work overtime, weekends, and holidays as required
- Looking for someone willing to move to 2nd or 3rd shift after a few months of training on our equipment
- Low absenteeism required
- Must be flexible, organized, detail oriented, able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift 60 lbs. frequently.
- Ability to utilize PPE including hearing protection, eye protection, safety shoes, NFPA70e protective clothing when required, and, occasionally, a respirator.
Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- This role includes the following essential duties and responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Repairs electrical equipment.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Continuous Learning – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback to improve performance; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
- Use of Technology – Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas.
- Judgement – Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions ; uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
One year certificate from college or technical school plus a minimum of 2 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet Explorer, GoogleChrome and/or Firefox Internet software and Excel Spreadsheet software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certification or License in at least one primary maintenance skill (i.e., electrical, plumbing, welding, etc.) is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Job description coming soon
Requires a High School Diploma or GED. Coursework toward a related advanced degree is desired. A minimum of 5 years of mixing and compounding experience is required. Preferred experience includes: lab testing, color match, color blends, compounding of concentrate masterbatch, TPE/TPV formulations development, lab injection molding and extrusion techniques, experience handling equipment and a variety of TPE materials.
We typically seek candidates who are flexible, dedicated, focused on customer service, growth oriented, have a “can do” attitude, and believe in doing the right thing. Resumes, along with a cover letter indicating what type of role you are seeking and your salary history, may be submitted to our Human Resources Department by using the form below.